Visa Regulations for Greece
Greece follows the Schengen Agreement provision and the subsequent EU legislation concerning short-term visas, issued for stays up to three (3) months in the Schengen area. Holders of regular passports from the rest of the world need a visa in order to visit Greece (and the Schengen area).
Visa regulations depend on your nationality and country of origin. Please contact your local Embassy / Consulate in due time for full and official instructions on the specific visa regulations and application procedures that apply to you. It is the responsibility of the participant to obtain a visa, if required.
Further details regarding visa regulations are available below:
- Visa Information Pages
- List of Countries and Visa Requirements
- Information about Schengen Visas
- Schengen Visa Application Form
- Contact Details of Greek Diplomatic Missions Abroad
Conference participants requiring an official “Invitation Letter” and/or a “Visa Invitation Letter” can obtain them via their ConfTool user account.
As an accepted author, you can download your invitation letter yourself. When you log in to your ConfTool user account, you can immediately see the PDF called “Invitation and Confirmation for Presenting Authors”.
As an accepted author, you can also download a Visa invitation letter yourself. When you log in to your ConfTool user account, you can immediately see the PDF called “Visa Invitation Letter”. However, please note that it is NOT the right letter yet! In case you need a correct VISA invitation letter, you must do the following:
1) Log in to your ConfTool user account.
2) Go to “Edit User Account Details”.
3) Click “Yes” to “Visa Invitation Letter Request”.
4) Fill in all new, “Mandatory Fields” (Nationality, Passport number etc.).
5) Click on “Submit User Data” in order to save your information.
6) Go back to the “Overview” and download the PDF called “Visa Invitation Letter”, which now contains all necessary information.
Notice: Please note that the “Visa Invitation Letter” is only valid in combination with the confirmation of your participant registration.