Registration Process Information
ESA’s 13th conference in Athens 2017 is managed via the online conference software tool called “ConfTool”. Here, apart from having submitted your abstract, you will be able to register to the conference as participant as well.
The detailed information about the “Registration Process” is included in the ConfTool User Manual 4: Conference Participant Registration. The STEPS listed below provide a brief overview.
STEP 1: Go to ConfTool and log in.
STEP 2: Click on “Register as Participant”.
STEP 3: Choose your “Events” and “Items”.
STEP 4: Check your “Payment Details”.
STEP 5: “Confirm Registration” and proceed with the payment.
STEP 6: “Access Your Participant Registration Details” and view/print your “Invoice and Registration Confirmation”.
Notice: You are advised to read carefully the ConfTool User Manual 4: Conference Participant Registration beforehand in order to avoid making false STEPS, as you cannot edit your registration after confirmation!
20th May – Early bird ticket deadline
7th June – Paper givers registration deadline (extended)
21st May to 21st August – Standard ticket registration (online registration)
22nd August to 1st September – On-site registration
Notice: Please have in mind that online Participant Registration will close on the 22nd of August, as the registration terms indicate that all payments must be completed at the latest seven (7) days before the conference. Therefore, everyone who wishes to attend the conference after the 21st August will have to complete the registration on-site.
Special Conference Tickets | Unemployed & Student Groups
For the first time, ESA introduces a reduced conference fee for the unemployed!
Participants who are unemployed at the time of registration will be granted the reduced conference fee of 210 EURO. During the registration, you will be asked to upload an official and valid unemployment certificate. If you are unemployed, click on the separate category created for this purpose.
For the first time, ESA introduces a reduced conference fee for student groups!
Groups of 5 students from the same university who are not paper presenters themselves will be granted the reduced conference fee of 100 EURO per person. This means that the student who is registered in ConfTool and paying for the whole group pays 500 EURO for all 5 students. We reserve the right to ask for certificates.
If you are a group of 5 students, click on the separate category created for this purpose.
Registration Terms & Conditions | Cancellations & Refunds
- The registration of participation is binding.
- If you have to cancel the registration, you get full refund of the registration fee less 30 EUR handling fee until 30 June 2017. If you cancel your registration from 1 July to 31 July 2017, you get 50% back. From 1 August 2017 on, there will be no refund.
- The participation fees are owed upon registration and are payable within 7 days following submission of the registration (but not later than 7 days before the starting day of the event).
- Participation is not guaranteed until full payment of the registration fee is received.
- The conference programme may be subject to changes.
- Payments will be refunded if the conference will be cancelled by the organiser. In that case, the organiser will have no further liability to the client. Registrations remain valid if the conference has to be postponed.
Before registering for the Conference, please pay special attention to the following points:
- Read the detailed information included in the ConfTool User Manual 4: Conference Participant Registration.
- Check the “ESA Membership Fee” and/or the “Conference Ticket” that apply to your status, the details are published on the Fees section.
- Read carefully the “Registration Terms & Conditions” and the information about “Cancellations & Refunds”.
- Log in to ConfTool and proceed with your registration.
Notice: In case you encounter difficulties with the payment (e.g. your payment is refused or fails otherwise), please send an email to email@example.com. Give us your User ID Number and indicate which alternative payment method you would like to use.